Monday, March 9, 2015

My Workout Playlist

Many people run for the solitude and time to think. I spend the better part of each day listening to crickets and my own zany and scattered thoughts...For me exercise is a time to stop thinking and let go. Stop scaring myself.  Or talking to myself.

My playlist reads like a sampling buffet, from Weezer to T.I. to T Swift and everything in between.

I prefer mindless lyrics and a beat that shakes my bones.  I also like it loud, but unless I'm indoors, I keep it down so I can hear the goings-on of the traffic around me.  Safety first.

I just let the beat wash over me, and put all my deeper thoughts and problems on the back burner while I enjoy a good sweat sesh.

Remember to download only "clean" or "radio edit" versions, because nothing stops you in your tracks like a well-placed expletive. Amazon.com offers radio edits for most popular songs.

Here's a selection of my current favorites:


"Boom Clap" by Charlie XCX
"Make It Bun Dem" by Damian Marley & Skrillex
"Fancy" by Iggy Azalea feat. Charlie XCX
"Sure Shot" by The Beastie Boys
"Team" by Lorde
"The Walker" by Fitz & The Tantrums
"That's Not My Name" by The Ting Tings
"UpTown Funk" by Mark Ronson feat. Bruno Mars
"The Geeks Were Right" by The Faint

And here's a little video link to brighten your day, when this one comes on I keep hitting repeat.  I'm gonna go practice my dance moves 'til I'm smoother than a fresh jar of Skippy - ow!



No comments:

Post a Comment